American Musical Supply - Shipped item from shared warehouse with another's invoice
I received a Silvertone 1303/U2 Solid Body Silverburst electric guitar I ordered on line.When the invoice came, it was from ZZOUNDS, with the name of someone other than myself.
As I do order a variety of musical items on line from different places, I assumed I bought it from ZZOUNDS when it arrived in a week or two. I immediately noticed that that the frets on the neck were a problem, and the notes freting out (hitting the frets, or choking out), on the high strings. It was also difficult to set the guitar up using the truss rod, as you had to remove the neck everytime you needed to tweak it. So, I called ZZOUNDS, and they claimed they had no record of selling me this guitar.
The invoice was addressed to someone other than myself, which they did have a record of. Anyway it took me months to finally get to the bottom of it, when I found out that AMS and ZZOUNDS share a warehouse for shipping. When I called AMS, all they did was put in a search to see if they sold me the guitar, and they had done so afterall. I told them my problem with the invoice from another company, and the defective guitar, but had no way of knowing until today, months later, that they were the sellers.
They said they couldn't do anything for me, as the 45 days had expired, and said they would send the original invoice. I would have to pay for a grind and polish on the frets or whatever would be necessary to correct this problem with the instrument. I have bought quite a few items over the years from AMS, so I am not the type to complain and always look to return an item.
I included the invoice from ZZOUNDS, whcih was a mistake.I should have had an invoice from AMS, and i could have figured out what to do at the time before the expiration date on returns expired.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refund policy
- Customer service
- Exchange policy
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Exchange for another product of equal value
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Silvertone Classic 1303 U2 Solid Body Silverburst
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The scentsy clean breeze room spray ate through the sealer on our custom concrete countertops.....over $1000 to re surface......."
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "On 10/3/14, I purchased a Sig Sauer P250 Sub-compact .40cal, item #93496. The order, as described, was for the gun with two 12 round magazines. I received an email confirming..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer. So here's..."
- "i sent in my complaint 2 weeks ago....where is it? it is the same situation with the freezer leaking water because the defrost does not work and ice builds up...."
- "All three half-time announcers on CBS just pronounced our State name, and that of the University of Nevada, incorrectly! Why do the live game announcers correctly pronounce the University of..."
- "What I wrote to PayPal: "I placed this order on 7/14/15 - I waited almost 10 days for the item to arrive. On 7/23/15 I checked my order status on..."
- "This is my brand new jayco pinnacle Rv bought in January 2015 it is also a 2015 Rv after one trip you can see how big the stress crack was..."
- "Don't be fulled by O2pure TV commercial. They are a scam! Nothing is free obviously but they really try to pull a fast one on you. DO NEVER give your..."