American Musical Supply - Shipped item from shared warehouse with another's invoice
I received a Silvertone 1303/U2 Solid Body Silverburst electric guitar I ordered on line.When the invoice came, it was from ZZOUNDS, with the name of someone other than myself.
As I do order a variety of musical items on line from different places, I assumed I bought it from ZZOUNDS when it arrived in a week or two. I immediately noticed that that the frets on the neck were a problem, and the notes freting out (hitting the frets, or choking out), on the high strings. It was also difficult to set the guitar up using the truss rod, as you had to remove the neck everytime you needed to tweak it. So, I called ZZOUNDS, and they claimed they had no record of selling me this guitar.
The invoice was addressed to someone other than myself, which they did have a record of. Anyway it took me months to finally get to the bottom of it, when I found out that AMS and ZZOUNDS share a warehouse for shipping. When I called AMS, all they did was put in a search to see if they sold me the guitar, and they had done so afterall. I told them my problem with the invoice from another company, and the defective guitar, but had no way of knowing until today, months later, that they were the sellers.
They said they couldn't do anything for me, as the 45 days had expired, and said they would send the original invoice. I would have to pay for a grind and polish on the frets or whatever would be necessary to correct this problem with the instrument. I have bought quite a few items over the years from AMS, so I am not the type to complain and always look to return an item.
I included the invoice from ZZOUNDS, whcih was a mistake.I should have had an invoice from AMS, and i could have figured out what to do at the time before the expiration date on returns expired.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refund policy
- Customer service
- Exchange policy
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Exchange for another product of equal value
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Silvertone Classic 1303 U2 Solid Body Silverburst
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I called your corporate office and that was a joke. You can reach no one . I called for your legal department and no one knew of one. Your..."
- "I've had two times where I was suppose to have won x2 items through this suppose to be game/survey, which I only was connected to this site through PCH. I..."
- "Ordered a Mother's Day bundle that came with shampoo and conditioner. Gave it to my mom who didn't open the box until a couple months later. Turns out the conditioner..."
- "I purchased $218 of golf balls from rockbottom golf. Ups said the box was delivered on April 12th. Rockbottom call center says they will get back to you in 4..."
- "I have been a Skechers Customer for many years but am very unsatisfied with the current shoe I have. The seems across the top of the toe are unraveling..."
- "I received the "wedding" dress and it looks nothing like the picture. The fabric is cheap. The sleeve were not longsleeve, the buttons don't match the holes.Some of..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "I always had a dream to buy one of the Lexus RX350 Model i bought this SUV used from Lexus dealership Hartford Connecticut and is one of the worst dealership..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."