I ordered an Ibanez RG8 8 string guitar from the site since late December as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. I had put money down for one of their payment plans.

But in January, I get a message saying the order is back ordered. TWICE, I called in customer service and was told that between February 12th and March, more shipment would come in. It's a day after February 12th and I just called in to find out if it's getting shipped. Well, to my surprised, more shipment is coming in May or June.

I am absolutely pissed off. I had paid $156 down and now being told that money wasn't charged because wasn't shipped, even though it has been charged. I am absolutely pissed.

I want my money back and I will never shop there again. Such bullsh**!

Product or Service Mentioned: American Musical Supply Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

AmericanMusical

Hello nward_0138,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our customer service team. I apologize for the confusion, but I'm confident that if you check your financial statements, it will corroborate the following.

On a pre order/order that ends up on back order, we are completely at the will of the manufacturer. We request for more inventory. They provide an estimated date. We pass that information on to customers as requested.

The dates are generally accurate but do get pushed out from time to time. To clarify, they are estimated dates not guaranteed delivery or ship dates.

When an order is placed, we authorize the payment method provided for the amount. If the item is not in stock, it will be on back order. The authorization drops within a few business days depending on your financial institution.

We then charge once the item is in stock and ships out to fulfill the order obligation.

If the pre-order is cancelled you will effectively lose your place in line as well.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience. We take your concerns seriously.

Please private message or contact us at 800-458-4076 with your account or order information. Thanks, Dominique AMS Customer Service